Thursday, August 2, 2007

Finally a new post!

Okay, I admit I've gotten lazy on the posting. Here are some things I did towards the end of freshman year.


Gesture drawing of a person in action. The ball was imaginary. I really enjoyed doing this piece, and as an animation major, I can't wait to continue studying movements. 18"x24" newsprint.

A study on expansion and contraction. Can you guess which one this is? 18"x27".


This was my drawing final, a cityscape. This was a study of third point perspective, and we had to exercise our creativity for once. The top one was the first version, and the bottom one is the finished version. This piece was huge, I didn't have time to measure it... my professor took it from me once I showed it to him. It was bigger than me for sure, and I'm 5'1"-5'2".

6 comments:

Melissa Ling said...

jane! about time you posted a new post! I really like the cityscape a lot. Your professor took it from you?

Jane Wu said...

thanks!
yeah, doug took it and i really hope he'll give it back... T_T

Kar Kay said...

Thats catastrophically ominous oblique landscape! or just plain cool.

Hunter said...

It's such a good concept for a city. All the trees are leaning the same way!

Tom Scholes said...

I really like the expansion and contraction one, that sort of thing is really hard to illustrate I think but also really important for more representational stuff as well; love charcoal in general :)

lobese said...

you're really good!